As much as we will do everything in our power to avoid it, we also know that there may well eventually be a member of the gym or staff member who ends up testing positive for COVID-19. We wanted to let the parents know what our plans are in the event either a coach or gymnast becomes sick with COVID-19.
No one is allowed to go to the gym, if they or any of their family members have any symptoms similar to COVID-19, such as: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking accompanied by chills , muscle pain, headache, soreness. throat or new loss of taste or smell. Then after 5-7 days if the patient feels better you could make a COVID-19 taste and if result negative you can come back to practice, but if result is positive then you have to stay home for 10 days.
- If you are traveling on vacation by plane or to any other property that is not your personal property, you must quarantine for 5-7 days or have a COVID-19 test and submit it to us before returning to practice.
- Individuals who go on vacation to the Red Zone states must either be quarantined upon return for 5-7 days or have a COVID-19 test and submit it to us.
- If any gymnast or his family travels to any hot spots across our country, they cannot return to practice until they self-isolate for 5-7 days or show a negative COVID-19 test.
- If you move from one state to another just to take your child to workout at the gym and return to the state – it’s okay, you don’t need to do a COVID-19 test and be quarantined for 5-7 days.
We understand that people are taking vacations, but currently these hot spots represent great threats and put people at high risk. There will be no refunds for missed classes for this reason, but make-ups will be allowed. We understand that some of you may think this is an aggressive approach, but we want to do everything we can to keep our athletes safe. If you plan on travelling to one of these states or overseas, please contact the gym and let us know you will be absent for the duration of your trip and time.
Upon returning from vacation, so that the child can return to practice, you will need to provide a negative test or stay at home for 5-7 days and return to the gym, provided that the child and his family members have no any symptoms of COVID-19.
We are requiring coaches to wear masks at all times while in the gym, which drastically lowers the transmission from an infected person to others. We do this because we want to do all we can to ensure the safety of our athletes.
- If the coach has a positive test for COVID-19, but there are no symptoms, (then the employee is allowed to take the COVID-19 test after 5-7 days of quarantine and if the result is negative, then he / she can return to work.)
- If the coach has a positive test for COVID-19, and he / she will have symptoms (the employee will be quarantined for 10-14 days or until the doctor releases him / her to work.)
- In case of contact of the coach with an infected gymnast and who has not had any symptoms after COVID-19, if the test is negative, then he / she will be asked to return to work.
- Any coach who has been in contact with a child with a positive test result will receive a notification that he / she has been in contact with an infected child (who was wearing a mask) and will be asked to take a COVID-19 test, and if the result is negative, the coach can return. to work.
- Coaches who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 5-7 days after their exposure.
- If the child has a positive test for COVID-19, but there are no symptoms, (then the child is allowed to take the COVID-19 test after 5-7 days of quarantine and if the result is negative, then he / she can return to practice.)
- If the child has a positive test for COVID-19, and he / she will have symptoms (the child will be quarantined for 10-14 days or until the doctor releases him / her to practice.)
- what if a teammate contracted COVID-19 but has no symptoms? (then the all team or class will be notified and will be asked to take the COVID-19 test and if the result is negative, then he / she can return to practice, but if for some reason the parents do not agree to take the test for COVID-19, then we will be forced to ask to remain in quarantine for 3-5 days and if during these days there are no symptoms, then the child can return to practice.
- In case of contact of the child with an infected coach and who has not had any symptoms after COVID-19, if the test is negative, then he / she will be asked to return to practice.
- Any child who has been in contact with a coach who tests positive, parents will be notified that their child has been in contact with an infected coach (who was wearing a mask) and will be asked to take a COVID-19 test, and if the result is negative, the gymnast can return to practice.
- Children who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated children should get tested 5-7 days after their exposure.
What if PGC is notified a family member of a gymnast is being tested or the family member has tested positive?
In the event we find out that a family member of an athlete or coach is being tested for COVID-19, the gymnast/coach will be asked to stay at home until the family member receives their results. If the family member is negative, the gymnast/coach can return to the gym as long as they themselves are healthy. If a family member of an athlete or coach tests positive for COVID-19, then the gymnast/coach will be required to self-isolate 14 days or until the gymnast/coach receives a negative test as well as clearance from a doctor. In regards to notifying other athletes and staff members, this will only happen if a PGC athlete or staff member receives a positive test. A family member being positive while the coach or athlete is negative does not warrant a notification.